Mechanic Apprenticeships at Waverley Forklifts
Are you interested in the forklift industry and want to know more about becoming a mechanic? Have a read below to find out more about our apprenticeship program.
Why An Apprenticeship At Waverley Forklifts?
Since we began as a forklift company, Waverley Forklifts (WFL) has always been committed to supporting apprentice mechanics. We have assisted numerous apprentices achieve their goal of becoming a fully qualified mechanic, and many of these people still work at WFL today.
A successful apprentice will achieve a trade qualification (Certificate III in Forklift Technology) over four years. Completing this qualification with Waverley Forklifts covers a variety of areas such as electrical, diesel/petrol/LPG fuel systems, welding and machining, air conditioning, exhausts, brakes, steering, suspension, wheels and tyres.
This type of knowledge and range of skills can lead to multiple opportunities in other industries, such as heavy machinery, auto electrics and light vehicle mechanics.
And there is currently a nationwide shortage of forklift mechanics, which ensures there are always opportunities for work!
Once qualified, a mechanic at WFL can work in either our Workshop or out in the Field (on the road), with a vehicle and the ability to work autonomously. We also have experience with guiding and up-skilling mechanics who show an interest in leadership and self development.
The Benefits Of Apprenticeship At Waverley
Some of the benefits of undertaking an apprenticeship at Waverley include:
- WFL covers all of your non-government funded school tuition fees – this isn’t compulsory, so not all companies do this
- There is help available with the purchase of your tools and toolbox
- With four branches across the country, there are often exciting opportunities in other states
- Our forklift fleet is varied, with a wide range of forklift brands and all terrain machinery – this offers valuable exposure and learning prospects
- We are an employer of choice, who offers stable employment and a family environment